Monday, April 20, 2009

"Don't touch my pictures!"

I was browsing the web looking for a photographer that had taken pictures of musicals and other events at my high school when I stumbled upon this website, with pictures from my school's production of Beauty and the Beast. On the photos there are watermarks which, as most people know, are used to prevent people from stealing your work and claiming it as their own.

These... are alright, but really I think it detracts from how the work looks online. It's been mentioned various times also (including in class), that watermarks are kind of pointless because the quality of the work on the internet isn't as good as the original's quality anyhow. So are these watermarks worthless? I think they are. These pictures would look even more buyable without "proof" covering them up.


Here's the link:
http://finepix.smugmug.com/gallery/2710344_NbYZV#144423309_zzGzv

No comments:

Post a Comment